"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with you demons will cause your angels to sing. Use pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength" - August Wilson

Thursday 20 September 2012

Do You Want It All?

Growing up as a teenager is extremely hard especially nowadays when there is huge pressure when it comes to clothes and gadgets, and labels are everything, so if you don't have the nicest of clothes of the newest of phones some people look down on you because they're rich and can afford all the nice things.

This is one of the main reasons why i always resented my dad, because he left my mum with nothing except me and my brother, which made it increasingly hard for her to be able to buy me and my brother the nicest of stuff, so i always felt less than others because in years 7 and 8 my clothes were all bhs and debenhams, but as fashion became more important when it came to social standing i had to get the nicer clothes just to try and fit in, and thinking back i'd thought  about shoplifting just so i wouldn't have to ask my mum for money to get posh clothes - money i knew she didn't have.

And at the age of 13 i got my self a saturday job in my village just to make some extra money so i didnt have to depend on my mum as much and to help fund my extravagant spending, and as i got older, clothes got more expensive as common brands nowadays are ralph lauren, jack wills and similar thins which are extorsionately expensive, and now at the age of 16 i work everyday after school for 2 hours as a cleaner just to afford nice clothes.

There was times when i'd get so jealous of other people because they had nice clothes, the newest of gadgets, and because they seemed happy, and one boy i was jealous of he had a huge house, he was rich, he had the hottest girl in the year as his girlfriend and i envied him, because he had the life i'd always wanted, but when i got to know him, i soon found out all the families problems he'd had, the selfharm he'd done, and it made me think that you should never judge happiness just on a smile ...

No comments:

Post a Comment