"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with you demons will cause your angels to sing. Use pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength" - August Wilson

Thursday 13 September 2012

Part 4

Even dispite my efforts to lose weight in secondary school, i was still unsuccessful and with puberty kicking in aswell, spots rose to become one of my main problems as i felt that i had to look perfect all the time, jsut so people wouldnt say spiteful and offensive things to me. And i as i entered year 9 (age 14) people started to spread a rumour that i was gay (which i am most definietly not) just because i didnt play football at lunch with the other boys and i was madly obsessed and knowledgeable about every football and related subjects. Which contributed to making my life worse, and with the pressure of that and my school studies my spots got to the point where my face was seconds away from errupting at any point.

And through the advice of my mum i went to the doctors and i got perscribed antibiotics that helped reduce my spot considerabley, which helped reduce my worries, but no matter where i went i'd always here : 'gingerr!'  fattty, go eat some cakes' 'gay boy!' and similar things and it wasnt always confined to school i could be out and about and kids thought that it would be fair to abuse me for no apparent reason, and its not like my hair is firey ginger, its fairly dark, and i was never hugely fat, it just seemes like i was as everyone else seemed to be so much thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment